Thursday, January 2, 2014

14. The Octopus Project


14. The Octopus Project - Fever Forms

I happened upon The Octopus Project in a club in Austin in 2006. I have been a rabid follower ever since. They have played Norman Music Festival at least once, I think twice. The band consists of Josh Lambert: guitar, bass, keyboards; Toto Miranda: drums, guitar, bass; Yvonne Lambert: samplers, keyboards, theremin, glockenspiel, guitar; and Ryan Figg: guitar, bass, keyboards. They are energizing, artistic and put out a rocking good show. They play in Norman at least once a year and are very much worth the effort to go see them. Yvonne is who turned me onto the theremin and she is just precious. Mostly instrumental, they have recently started adding lyrics to some of their songs. I think this is the best album they have put out in quite awhile. They live in Austin, so, it's not hard to see them on their home turf either.









Website

Facebook

Twitter


No comments:

Post a Comment