Monday, January 6, 2014

2. Foals


2. Foals - Holy Fire

I remember when this band started about 7 years ago, and then I put them on a shelf and never got them down. This album came out earlier this year and what an album. It made me sad I had missed everything before, for what reason, I do not know. I think this is the best album they've done, by far, but really listened to this album and #1 an obscene amount of times. This is just good rock and roll. These guys totally have the talent and sound for some arena rock, I believe. They were at Cain's Ballroom earlier this year and put on an amazing show. Andrew Mears was the founder of the band, but quit to work on another band before they even released an album, and boy is he kicking himself. The band have achieved quite a bit of commercial success in the UK, where they are from. The lineup now consists of: Yannis Philippakis (lead vocalist), Jack Bevan, Jimmy Smith, Walter Gervers, and Edwin Congreave.









Website

Facebook

Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment